We are proud of our commitment to making a difference in the communities where our employees, customers and distribution partners live and work.
Each year, we support these communities through charitable donations, employee volunteer hours, in-kind contributions and community sponsorships.
2020 Funding requests
In addition to our ongoing commitments and pledges, we expect to have approximately $40,000 available for new donations and partnerships in 2020 in the areas of education and front-line community and health support and services.
Special consideration will be given to programs and initiatives that contribute to increasing financial literacy.
Proposals for grants in amounts up to $10,000, and sponsorships in amounts up to $2,500 will be accepted between October 1 and 31, 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
259 King Street East
Kingston, ON K7L 3A8
Attn: Community Investment
We’ll notify successful applicants by December 20, 2019.
Please include the following information with your request:
- Organization name and charitable registration number
- Summary of organization purpose
- Address and contact information
- Scope: local (which city), provincial or national
- Type: Charitable donation or community sponsorship
- Focus area: Education, Community, Health
- Name of initiative, program or event
- How many people and who will benefit from this initiative, program or event
- Objectives and expected results, plus past results, if applicable
- Amount of request
- How the money will be used
- A copy of your most recent audited financial statements, if applicable
- Connection to, or past involvement with Empire Life
- Other sponsors or key supporters
- Organizations that are not registered charities in Canada
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation
- Political or religious organizations (Note: non-denominational programs by religious groups intended for the general good of the community may be considered)
- For-profit organizations
- Sports teams
- Individuals or individual pursuits/fundraising activities
- Lobby or special interest groups
- Private schools, including private colleges or universities
- Professional associations or societies
- Service clubs
- Private foundations
- Tradeshows, conferences and seminars
- Organizations or programs that receive funding from the United Way (United Way agencies and programs receive a substantial contribution from Empire Life, its employees and retirees through our annual workplace campaign.)