- We serve more than:
- 445,635 individual customers
- 7,383 group employer customers, with 160,200 group life and health plan members
- 814 group retirement plans
We have more than:
- 820+ employees across Canada
- 630 employees at our corporate head office in Kingston, Ontario
- 29,186 partnerships with professional financial advisors, brokers, managing general agents, group producers and mutual fund dealers
Here are our financials as of September 30, 2016:
|Total assets including general and segregated funds:||$15.9 billion|
|Net premium revenues from external customers:||$659 million|
|Total investment income:||186 million|
|Total revenue:||$1.4 billion|
|Policy dividends:||$20 million|
|Net benefits and claims:||$441 million|
Strength of our capital base (MCCSR)
213% as of September 30, 2016
What is an MCCSR ratio?
A Minimum Continuing Capital and Surplus Requirements (MCCSR) ratio of 100% means that a company has adequate capital to meet obligations to its policyholders. The Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) requires life insurance companies to maintain an MCCSR ratio of at least 120% and expects them to have a target ratio of at least 150%.
We are a member of Assuris, the organization that protects Canadian insurance policyholders from loss of benefits due to the financial failure or insolvency of a member company.
You can find out more by reading the Assuris brochure.